Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day 2007

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
Larry and I don't DO anything special on V-Day, but we do create special cards for each other. Over the years, with the advent of Photoshop, our cards have been easier to craft. We started out 17 years ago cutting, pasting and collaging different elements. Now, we can do the same functions on the computer. One of these days, I must post all of our Valentines online.
We try to personalize and make each year's card relevant to our lives. This year my card is slightly bitter. You see, our backyard has been outta whack for about 5 years. 6 years ago we tore down our little 1927 garage and built a bigger garage-combo-studio. This building is huge, almost the same size as our little house. Wellllll......all of the dirt excavated for the construction is still sitting in a pile in the middle of our yard. No level land, no landscaping, no nothing. Larry is a freelance photographer and keeps getting interrupted by work, so he really hasn't had the time to work on the yard. He's the type of guy that likes to do everything himself. I call the backyard Mars, 'cause it looks like the rocky, red planet. I incorporated one of our sci-fi paintings into images of our sad backyard.

Larry's card for me, on the other hand, is sweet and romantic.

We'll be with our usual Wednesday night dinner group at the Original Farmers Market tonight for a Valentine celebration. Hope your celebration is good too!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 3:29 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That card from Larry to you is sincerly absolutely completely ADORABLE. And he's right, you are mesmerizing with three exclamations!!!

I like your card too because I would also be bitter about no backyard LOL. Hope he gets the super subtle "hint." heheheheh

 
At 4:05 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen,

Happy V-Day.

Love both of your cards...they're so personalized!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 4:36 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I love your card b/c its a humorous reminder, rather than an annoying nag (which is what I would be!) And I love Mr. Larry's card b/c he's such a dork (and I mean that in the best way possible!) and isn't afraid to show it.

Yes, once again, you've confirmed you are the Cutest Couple EVER.

 
At 10:25 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto on the Cutest Couple EVER tag...the cards are priceless!

 
At 5:32 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen - your cards made me sigh. I love your blog!
Those gorgeous crowns make me want to run out and learn to crochet. How on earth do you have time to do all these incredible things every day? Does LA have more hours in the day, more days in the week than other cities?
Keep on blogging so I can live vicariously through you! Culture hound you.
ps. I have to say that the word verification for this posting was "shtups" - how hilariously perfect for Valentines Day!

 
At 4:29 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hey Anna R-R!
Thanks for the comment. Did you used to live in L.A.? You must come and visit sometime and stop by our WeHo SnB...it's a hoot!
Take Care!

Ellen B.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery