Sunday, June 15, 2008

WWKIP


Results from World Wide CROCHET in Public Day
World Wide Knit in Public Day was great! For me, it was world wide CROCHET and knit in public day. I started out at 10am at the Original Farmers Market for our usual once-a-month Saturday morning WeHo SnB. A few newbies joined us. We had close to 20 people knitting and crocheting. I was so engrossed in crocheting granny squares for a scrapghan that I'm working on, that I forgot to take photos of all the people..sorry!
A Mano Yarn Center Knitters

Later in the day, I took out my camera at A Mano Yarn Center in Mar Vista. When I arrived at around 2pm, there were a few people outside the shop, knitting. It was slightly windy, so everyone else was inside, sitting at the big table. A very lively group, indeed.

My last stop for the day was Clover Park in Santa Monica with the Fairview Knitters. It was really getting chilly and windy by 3:30. We set up a sign and parked ourselves near the parkway. I'd estimate that there were about 10 of us, knitting and crocheting in the breezy sunshine of Santa Monica. A few people honked and waved as they drove by. It was a great day!


Debbie @ Clover Park
Vernette knits a hat
Sonia and Molly conferring about all things garter stitch
Lisa, Kim and Vernette @ Clover Park
Ellen and Heather on a windy day

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 7:21 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Wow...you made the knitting rounds in public. Looks like lots o' fun.

 
At 9:03 PM PDT, Blogger WineGrrl said...

All I have to say is that your Prius was a good investment, lol!

 
At 2:30 AM PDT, Blogger justclaire said...

Looks like you had a fun day. I only managed to KIP for about 5 minutes on Saturday as we were at a cricket match and I had to entertain a 2 year old and a 4 year old whilst their Dad and my Hubby watched the game. All I can say is that a toddler and bamboo dpns don't go too well together. Grrr!

 
At 2:17 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hey Winegrrl/Andre'...

I only WISH I'd purchased a Prius, the way gas prices are skyrocketing! I still drive a Toyota Matrix...good gas mileage, but not Prius-like!

 
At 6:43 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos, Ellen. Thank you for posting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery