Thursday, May 07, 2009

A Subtle Peace

In-between colorful crochet projects, I've been knitting a bit on my Peace Slipover. I really like this yarn. It has a rugged, tweedy beauty to it.
I've only worked 17 rows of the peace symbol pattern, but I can already tell that I'm going to like this sweater. I like that the peace symbol shows up in an understated way. Afterall, I'm not one for bringing attention to my chest. In fact, since this is a top-down, in-the-round pullover and the back and front are esstentially the same, I may just wear the peace symbol on my back so as not to distort the symbol.

"Imagine"

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 1:26 PM PDT, Blogger Beth said...

Can't wait to see the finished work. It's looking great so far!!

Beth C.

 
At 3:34 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This yarn is gorgeous, Ellen. I like how the symbol is turning out too. Good luck.

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 4:31 PM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

I have this in my queue too, love the pattern and LOVE the yarn you chose.Did you change the neckline?

 
At 8:35 AM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

This is going to turn out so nice. I absolutely love the yarn and the subtlety of the peace symbol within it. Peace within...that is where it starts.

 
At 5:16 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

:) It really is turning out beautifully in that yarn! "I may just wear the peace symbol on my back so as not to distort the symbol." Yeah, because we've had waaaaaaaaaaay too much of that in the last few decades.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery