Thursday, April 30, 2009

You're on Your Own

I'm kinda' burned out on providing the yarn world with the L.A. Calendar every week. I think, by now, you can see that I usually list the same basic events every week. Here are some good sites to check out if you're looking for an L.A. activity:
L.A. Weekly
Esotouric
Los Angeles Conservancy
American Cinematheque
Stitch 'n Bitch - L.A. Calendar
I'll be working on my various knit and crochet projects over the weekend....out in the L.A. sunshine, hopefully. On Saturday we're going to an opening exhibition at UCLA's Fowler Museum with Audrey and Jeff. That should be fun.
Tomorrow at my office, we having a Spring Craft Fair. I have so many "leftover" yarny projects that I'm going to try and sell. Personally, I think that a winter craft fair, just before Christmas, is a better time to sell wool hats, scarves and shawls. I've tried to put light weight and springy-color items in my "for sale" pile. We'll see what happens.

Craft Fair Yarny Items

I'm working on the lining for my Hexie Bag. I'm adding some pockets for my phone, digi-camera, etc. Hopefully, I'll be sufficiently inspired this weeked to make and attach the bag handles and stitch up the lining!

Lining with pockets for the Hexie Bag

See you all tonight at the WeHo SnB!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 5:44 PM PDT, Blogger susanc said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 5:48 PM PDT, Blogger susanc said...

My spelling was horrible so I deleted my last post! Anywho, I don't blame you for being burned-out on providing us all with the yarny goodness happening around town! BTW, the lining (and the "outside) of your hex-bag looks "faboo"! I love it!

Have a great weekend!

 
At 7:14 PM PDT, Blogger Lisa R-R said...

I am always trying to find the perfect bag.
Clearly the best way is to make your own!
Your hexie bag looks terrific.
(What about a key clip, if it won't drag the side down too much?)

Lisa in Toronto

 
At 6:25 AM PDT, Anonymous MX said...

Wow, what a clever lining!!

 
At 2:15 PM PDT, Blogger LINDA said...

Very beautiful and original handbag! TFS, Linda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery