Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Imagine all the Frogging

I've had twelve balls of this olive yarn for a long time. It's Queensland Collection Kathmandu Aran...slik, cashmere and merino. I've started and frogged many a sweater with this yarn. I just can't seem to find the correct shape sweater or a pattern that I love knitting. I'm hesitant to crochet something with this yarn, although I know I could make something faboo. It's just that crocheting does use up about one-third MORE yarn than knitting does. I want to maximize the amount of yarn I have.
After reading about this sweater, I can't seem to get it out of my mind. The designer, A. Karen Alfke, talks about how this symbol means a lot to people of her mother's generation. I must be close to Karen's mother's age, because the peace symbol and John Lennon's song, "Imagine" are both very powerful for me too...Imagine all the people living life in peaceā€¦
If only.
Karen Alfke's Peace Symbol Knit Chart
I'm going to attempt a top-down version of this pullover and see how the symbol turns out in olive green. The olive color may be too dark to properly show the highs and lows of the symbol, so we'll see.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 1:25 PM PDT, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Oooh, the green is lovely. I love that sweater. I'm thinking of making it myself. It would be my first adult sweater.

 
At 1:38 PM PDT, Anonymous MX said...

Oh I can't wait to see. I love this sweater!

 
At 3:20 PM PDT, Blogger Megalion said...

It might be subtle but I think it has potential to look really good!

Not everything has to be in your face all the time :)

 
At 5:26 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I like the idea; can't wait to see how it plays out.

And you'll be happy to know that younger generation is tuned into the Beatles philosophy (well, at least the part that doesn't have to do with drug use and such...) Wee Monkeygurl's fave band? After the Jonas Brothers, The Beatles. Seriously. She even saw "Rain" at the Pantages.

 
At 9:44 PM PDT, Blogger mary said...

Luuuurve the color. I have a bag of the yarn in a brown, and I know what you mean about waiting for the right pattern. I haven't found it yet, although I think the peace sweater is perfect for it!

 
At 5:04 AM PDT, Blogger Lisa R-R said...

I am also strangely attracted to the peace sweater (although I was thinking to make it for my best friend).
Very beautiful yarn!
Lisa in Toronto

 
At 9:16 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made the Mr Greenjeans sweater from Knitty.com using this yarn, in the same color, too! Made sleeves full length rather than 3/4. Absolutely love the yarn and the sweater. Good luck with your project.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery