Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hexie-Mania

Hexie Pin Cushion - Pre-Felting

Okay, you all know that I'm obsessed with granny squares. I'm also obsessed with hexagons...multi-colored hexagons. I've made a few hexie afghans, totes and purses in the past. Last week I crocheted a hexagon felted potholder. Well, I saw a mini-hexie potholder pattern online that was used as a pincushion! Oooooo....I had to make one!
I just happened to be at Ellene's yarn stash sale on Saturday at the Slipt Stitchers El Segundo Knitters Guild. Along with a few treasures, I picked up a bag of wool needlepoint yarn. It's thin, it's 100% wool...perfect for a hexie pincushion.
After felting, it only shrunk about an inch. Naturally, the piece picked up a bit of lint from the dryer...argh! I'll have to shave it a bit before stuffing it into the perfect pincushion shape.I was thinking of crocheting a few of these for gifts, but they're really labor intensive.


Labels:

6 Comments:

At 5:20 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool!

 
At 6:49 PM PDT, Blogger Sarah said...

Oh, I love that! One of these days I'll tackle a granny - or a hexagon!

 
At 7:01 PM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Worth it though, really gorgeous! I'm looking forward t y remedial crochet lesson at the end of the month. Hook already packed.

 
At 8:26 AM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Love what you are doing with those hexies.

 
At 6:43 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spent quite a bit of time going through racks of sweaters today looking for 100% wool. My friend Myra wants to felt it to make a tea cozy! Wool sweaters are hard to find...at least 100% ones. She did find one and for $1.00 it was a steal!

 
At 5:42 AM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful! Love the bright colors. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery