Thursday, April 15, 2010

Finished!

My Ravelry-Red Seraphina Shawl crocheted with Malabrigo Sock Yarn is finished! I blocked it yesterday and am wearing it today! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! This yarn is the best! I used a size "H" crochet hook so the shawl would be very lacy.The color gradation of the red is lovely, the weight and drape of the yarn is perfect for our Southern California climate, the pattern has always been one of my go-to favorites. I purchased the yarn at Twist, Yarns of Intrigue in Manhattan Beach. It's definitely time for a repeat visit to this beautiful shop.

In a few weeks I'm taking a class at Loop & Leaf Yarn Shop in Santa Barbara called "Photography for Knitters Workshop...photographing your finished proects." Acclaimed photographer, Gale Zucker, is teaching the class. Even though I'm married to a professional photographer and have learned many techniques from Mr. Larry just by hangin' with him, I know that I'll learn some excellent new approaches from Gale. She has photographed many yarn-related books and articles. I'm looking forward to the class and to finally meeting Gale in person!

Addendum: After looking at my photos above, I can already see where I need some improvement. I should have placed the RED shawl closer to something GREEN or BLUE for a higher contrast so that the red would pop. These are the principals I have used in painting. They apply to photography too. Composition, color, lighting and placement are key elements. At least I have a basic knowledge....can't wait to learn more secrets!

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At 2:55 PM PDT, Blogger Sarah said...

That color is Rav-fab! It looks so pretty, I don't blame you for keeping that one for yourself.

 
At 4:22 PM PDT, Blogger Joansie said...

Love the shawl. I met Gale a few months ago and she is really fun. Enjoy!

 
At 5:35 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Beeeeeyoootiful!! I'd rather see it on YOU, tho.

 
At 7:16 PM PDT, Blogger Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

That's something I would really like to go to.... Not sure with work right now that I can manage it :(

I've heard that yarn is wonderful stuff ~ BTW I love the photo with the pillows!

 
At 7:32 PM PDT, Blogger Jean said...

It seems I say this each time, but this is not my favorite of your shawls, Malabrigo - yummmmm. Hope to be at the next Saturday knitting group! I miss it.

 
At 7:41 PM PDT, Blogger Sandy said...

Oooo I love, love, love that shawl! It turned out absolutely gorgeous! I will have to check out that yarn, it looks fabulous too! Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

 
At 8:20 PM PDT, Blogger LINDA said...

She is one wonderful shawl...love the Malabrigo yarn also. I think you should wear on Valentine's Day next year. Nice job!

 
At 11:24 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the red shawl. Red is my favorite! What a fun class to take. Your pictures will be even more beautiful now!

 
At 12:00 PM PDT, Blogger Beth McDermott Oliver said...

That one's a beauty!

 
At 11:35 AM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Love this shawl. This one is so a keeper.

Can't wait for the workshop too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery