Monday, March 14, 2011

More About the Desert


Even though we only spent a short time in the tri-city California desert towns of Yucca Valley, Joshua Tree and Twentynine Palms, it was a glorious visit. The weather was perfect. I can't wait to go back.
Larry's such a sweetie. He spotted a little yarn shop, hidden in the back of a mini-mail, in Yucca Valley. Knotty Knitters is a GREAT shop!!! It is now located across the highway from it's original location.They carry every fancy yarn you can think of, including all kinds of wonderful accessories....purse handles, swifts and yarn winders, buttons, needles and hooks, books, magazines and more! Since I've been crocheting potholders lately, I picked up some nice crochet cotton. I will definitely visit Knotty Knitters again!
I'm in the 2011 Potholder Swap on Ravelry. I've finished my five potholders, but I wanted to photograph them before I sent them off. I thought that a background of desert rocks and plants would look great with the colorful potholders. Larry and I went to Antone Martin's Desert Christ Park for the photo shoot. With Larry's help, I took some wonderful photos of my colorful crochet work against the stark, white plaster of Antone Martin's biblical statues. I approached this from an artistic point of view.....some of my more religious friends think I might burn in Hell for placing potholders in the hands of the disciples!!This park needs help with restoration. If you're interested in looking into this, visit the park and check out this link.
On our way back to Los Angeles we stopped at Whitewater Rocks. We wanted to buy a little boulder for some landscaping in our front yard. Boulders in Los Angeles cost three times as much as they do in the desert! We bought a nice, little "Charlie Brown" boulder that I suppose looks like Charlie Brown's round head!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:36 PM PDT, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

I think Jesus appreciates brightly colored yarnwork. Besides, it's a placed called Desert Christ Park! It's not like you lined them up outside the Vatican. I think your eternal soul is safe.

 
At 1:07 PM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Too funny! Well at least if you're in hell you'll have plenty of use for potholders, right, all that hot stuff to handle there.
I love there. Can't wait to see the photos when they have all the potholders together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery