Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Intriguing

Hazel's Moods

I came across a blog post about a crochet mood blanket. Then I saw this blog post too.   I'm intrigued by this thought:  Crochet one square a day in a color reflecting your mood.  At the end of the year you will have 365 squares to join into a blanket.  OR, you can join the squares as you go while watching your blanket grow.  There are over 1,000 members on the Facebook Group page!
Mary Anne's Mood Squares
A lady in the UK, Stacey Wentford-Hall started the whole craze.  Here are her rules: 
Hello lovelies!  I see some people have been worrying about getting things 'wrong'. I thought I'd show you 'the rules' I wrote out on my Instagram page:
I really wasn't expecting so many people to join in, thought there would be about 10 at the most, must be about 1000 now, maybe more!!!
So, really the only rule is that you crochet/knit a block or stripe everyday (or once a week if that suits you better) in 2014 using a colour that you feel reflects your mood.
The colour choices are totally up to you! I think it's important that you use colours that you like so that it doesn't get boring. Plus you'll want a blanket you'd like to keep after all that hard work!! I'm personally using stylecraft! The amount of rounds is up to you! I think I'm going to do 4 rounds as I think I'll find that manageable! Most people doing the 365 are doing 4/5, the 52 people are doing more so they get a big blanket too
A few lovely people including @charliebarleymo have said that they're going to do 15x24 squares or 18x20 or even 19x19. That leaves a few extra squares left so you can either give yourself a few days off, or do a border for those days.
If you're a newbie to crochet @girlybunches has lots of lovely easy to follow YouTube videos (link on her page) or there's always Lucy from Attic24's blog which is fab!! Hmm... Think that's everything??? Hope that helps?? Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know and I'll pop it on the comments on this post!
Happy hooking everyone!! And thank you, I'm totally overwhelmed!!  Stacey   xxx


Amber's Blocks



I also saw a lovely idea on another blog where a woman crochets a square a day according to the weather in her area.  Some are blue, some are gray, some are yellow.  Since I live in Los Angeles, I'd have a totally blue afghan with a few gray squares thrown in for morning fog!
Christine's Stripes

Some people are crocheting multi-colored squares or hexagons.  Some are crocheting a stripe a day for their blankets.  I really do like this idea. I've been wanting to use up some of my acrylic yarn for a solid squares afghan.  I've made of few of these types of color block afghans in the past, but I might just join in the fun for 2014! 
Sylvia's Hexagons
All photos from Crochet Mood Blanket 2014 Facebook page.


Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:27 PM PST, Blogger The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Love this idea Ellen...just went over to join the group!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery