Friday, January 10, 2014

The Birthday - Vintage Photo Friday


Sunday is Larry's birthday.  We are celebrating Saturday and Sunday with dinners, brunches, get-togethers with friends and family, etc.   Larry's birthday is so close to Christmas, so when I'm doing my holiday shopping I usually go overboard and buy Larry TONS of gifties.  While I'm wrapping the holiday gifts, I decide which ones to save for his birthday.  Often, this is a difficult task.  I'm always excited to give him everything at once.  After 23 years of celebrating birthdays together however, I've managed to contain my excitement.  Ho Hum.  The older we get, the less I want to remember birthdays.  Also, it's getting more difficult to surprise Larry with unusual gifties.  Thankfully, he's always THRILLED when I gift him with another of his beloved corduroy, buttoned down shirts!
When Larry told me that he'd NEVER had a birthday party as a child, I melted.  I've thrown a couple of birthday parties for Larry over the past 24 years, but it really is a difficult time of year for everyone.  More years than not, we've gone out of town or someplace special....just the two of us....to celebrate.
The Birthday Party Larry Never Had.  (unknown date and photo credit)

One day, we'll have all of our old friends over for another celebration, much like this 90th birthday party held in Pasadena (date unknown) for all of our 90-year-old friends!  Happy Birthday, my Sweetie!
Celebrating with Old Friends!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:16 PM PST, Blogger Mia said...

Happy birthday, Mr. Larry!

 
At 9:19 PM PST, Blogger Glennis said...

Awwwww!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery