Thursday, August 09, 2007

Yarn Sale

Lana Grossa Merino Big Print
Ahhhh...the siren is calling! The call of half-price yarn..... I answered the cry and zoomed over to Wild Fiber at lunchtime today. It's within minutes of my office, I found a place to park right in front. It was meant to be!
Wild Fiber is under new management. Everyone there today was as sweet as peach pie when I walked thru the doors. Most of the yarn in the main section of the shop is 20%-30% off regular price. In the back room there are shelves and baskets of 50% off yarn.
No sale will EVER be as faboo as the Great Black Sheep Knittery Sale of 2007, however, Wild Fiber had lots of interesting choices today. There are deals on Debbie Bliss, Noro, Rowan, Jaeger, Koigu, Manos del Uruguay, Classic Elite, Alchemy, Muench, Colinette and more.
I picked up seven skeins of Lana Grossa Merino Big Print, Superfein #810, 100% wool. It's soft and lovely. The colorway is very close to some Socks That Rock yarn I purchased at Stitches West from Blue Moon. Hmmm? Even though these yarns are different weights, maybe I can use them together in a garment. Any ideas?

Socks That Rock

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 3:49 PM PDT, Blogger jillian said...

Oh so glad to hear the new management is friendly! I was waiting with baited breath. It's such a beautiful shop - but I boycotted it because of the bad attitude in there.

 
At 5:02 PM PDT, Blogger Faith said...

Vey iz mir woman!!! The yarn is beautiful but MORE YARN???

You amaze me, my friend.

xo
Faith

 
At 11:31 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

I know. Already I'm nostalgic about the BSK sale, and know that for years to come I'll be saying lame things like "Remember that sale at BSK? Wasn't it the best?" and "That BSK sale ruined me for yarn sales." It truly was amazing.

Glad to hear Wildfiber is more user friendly. (Would you believe I've never been?) Good score. Maybe a hat/scarf combo? And egad, why did "crocheted slippers" pop into my head?! Don't know where that came from.

 
At 6:00 AM PDT, Blogger Jenn said...

What lovely colors! I'm at a loss for my own pattern choices, so I have no hard suggestions. My first thought was a cozy sweater of some sort.

 
At 8:17 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

I couldn't keep my hands off this gorgeous yarn, so I immediately cast on for a top-down shell. Simple design from my head! It's knitting up beautifully. I'll take some photos later this weekend for show 'n tell.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Ellen B.

 
At 10:58 AM PDT, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

You are a total pusher. Going there at lunchtime.

 
At 1:10 PM PDT, Blogger jenna! said...

You're a very expersive person to know. First Black Sheep and now Wildfiber!

I ran over there and picked up some what-if-my-math-was-wrong-for-this-sweater-I'm-in-the-middle-of-for-my-mom manos del uruguay they had in stock (15% off) as well as some fun felting yarn for xmas presents (50% off).

 
At 2:47 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Ditto what Jillian said (that's not the first time, is it?!) I heard there was new management, and I'm happy to hear they are more user friendly. and I *love* your gorgeous purchases, you enabler, you!

Fortunately, my hermitage (my being a hermit, not my palace in Leningrad) is preventing me from going to even fibertastic places...

 
At 6:12 PM PDT, Blogger mehitabel said...

Good thing I didn't know about that sale today... since I hit the Pink Porch, also a 50% off everything in the store sale. They had the most wonderful punchbowl... $25 after the discount... but I left it there. I have to figure out how many punch bowls I actually own first! Now yarn... well, let's just say some followed me home...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery