Friday, September 14, 2007

Tiki-riffic!

We had a good family Rosh Hashonah celebration yesterday. I didn't take any photos, I should have! My Aunt hosted us for lunch and the buffet was sumptious. I saw many old friends from various chapters of my past life. I feel that there will be sweetness for us all in the coming year!
Later, in the early evening, Mr. Larry accompanied me to the Original Farmers Market. Thursday is my WeHo SnB night. However, our friend Sven Kirsten recently wrote a book called "Tiki Modern" and publishers, Taschen were hosting a book signing event at their little shop in the Farmers Market Clock Tower. WOW! What a scene! The Martini Kings were there, playing hip island music.
Sven and Ellen

The Martini Kings

Tiki-rific Dancing Girl

Mai Tais from Trader Vic's

Naomi and Larry

Sven's g.f., Naomi from "Eight Ball" was there, looking tiki-rific. Sven brought his Witco throne/chair and regally signed autographs for hours! The book is great. Our friend, Amy Inouye helped with the book design. If you ever wanted to know anything at all about tiki culture, this is the book to have. It's chock full of interesting facts, photos and ephemera. Nice work, Sven!

In Other News: See y'all at the LA Public Library tomorrow for the Yarn Harlot's only L.A. speaking engagement this year!!!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5:21 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Wowzer. I should have gone just to sample the mai tais. Haven't have one of them in a dog's day!!

Hopefully I'll see you tomorrow...

 
At 9:56 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

Tiki-riffic indeed! All hail Sven and Taschen...and Trader Vic's mai tais.

Hawaiian War Chant anyone? (Ella's version sends me!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery