Thursday, May 29, 2008

Back to the Present

Charlie, Lee and Billy
OK, OK...enough of my blog-reminiscing! Back to the present and last night's gathering at the Original Farmers Market. We meet up with a few friends every Wednesday night for dinner and conversation. During the spring and summer our group tends to grow because of the excellent evening weather here in Los Angeles. Last night, Brooke, Debbie and Christopher joined us for the second week in a row. Also, surprise b-day boy Billy V., along with his sons, Charlie and Lee pulled up chairs. Since it was Billy's b-day, they were celebratin' big-time with pizza and Pepsi!
T.K., Christopher and Debbie
Our conversations veered from old-time rock 'n roll to HPOZ designations to karaoke at the Market. It was a lively group. Sorry, Stuart. I didn't snap your picture because you were sitting right next to me! Next time.
Rob and Joan
Tonight, I'll be back at my home away from home, The Market, for the weekly WeHo SnB, upstairs dining area from 7-9. Won't you join us?

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 1:26 PM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

First things first, I'm LOVING that lipstick on you. It's gorgeous.

I swear Charlie and Lee look like they stepped out of your old pictures!

Reminisce all you want, there's a hungry market for it, lol.

 
At 2:14 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ellen,

That is so cool that you know Billy Vera! He's always been one of my favorite singers.

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 2:16 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hey Judy,

Billy V. and I go way back. I used to be the engineer on his radio show "Billy Vera's Rock 'n Roll Party" on one of our local NPR stations, KCRW-FM. Later, when I had my own radio show on KPCC-FM, he was a frequent guest. Listen for his distinctive voice on various commercials on TV and radio.

 
At 4:04 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your present day entry has thrown me back to the past....

A late friend of mine named Ellen Roth worked at Alfa Records, and always talked about Billy Vera and how much she loved him. It was back in the 70s when record labels were like families, and she used to bake him cakes, as I recall.

You are the best Ellen, I wish you had a TV show and could take us to all the interesting places you go. You would be sooooooooo much better than Huell!!


Christine G.

 
At 5:40 PM PDT, Blogger Viva Scrapper! said...

I would but tonight we're going to see my friend's daughter in her (Sorta) Highschool play "The Laramie Project"
She's the Stage manager and the Narrator and we're so so so proud of her and her fellow play people.
In fact I'm about to step out the door to buy her a huge bouquet of flowers.

 
At 11:41 AM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I don't know from Billy V., but you bring his son Lee to the SnB, and I might show up! Don't worry, I'm not the only "cougar" in the bunch (LaurieAnn).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery