Monday, September 15, 2008

Desert Weekend

We left Los Angeles Saturday morning for a birthday party in the high desert town of Joshua Tree. Once we got to Banning, it was time for lunch, so we stopped at our favorite li' ol' lady, cutesy country restaurant, Gramma's. Lunch was invigorating.
Country Cute Decor @ Gramma's Country Kitchen
BLTA on Wheat
Then, we drove into Yucca Valley and stopped at a few antique shops. One place has a whole section dedicated to Coleman Lanterns. It's just like a mini-museum. We arrived in Joshua Tree around 2pm, rested for awhile and then went to the birthday party. More about that tomorrow.
It was a perfect weekend!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 12:48 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun! I love those shops in Yucca Valley.

 
At 3:46 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

I love rummaging around antique shops. Treasures to be found. Yay.

 
At 7:00 PM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

The chances of that sewing machine collecting dust for a long time are pretty good. It's overpriced. But funny we were both photographing old machines on Saturday! (Only I bought the one I photographed. Booo.)

 
At 1:28 AM PDT, Blogger justclaire said...

Your photos have reminded me that I have not one, but two of those vintage Singer sewing machines in my loft! They belonged to my Husband's two Grandmothers and were given to me by my Mother in Law. I must dust them off and check they're ok.

 
At 1:47 PM PDT, Blogger LINDA said...

A name from the past "Grammas Country Kitchen". We have a membership at Silent Valley R V Park just north of Banning and often eat there when traveling there. Good food, Yum!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery