Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Brownie Ice Cream Cake

We got together with friends this weekend and went out to eat. I suggested we have dessert back at our house after dinner. For some reason this Brownie Ice Cream Cake popped into my head. This was a recipe given to us by a family friend at least 30 years ago. I was obsessed with making it again.
Ingredients:
1 pkg. brownie mix with nuts
1 qt. Kona coffee ice cream
1 qt. English Toffee ice cream
1 qt. Rocky Road ice cream
Chocolate fudge syrup
Mini Chocolate chips
Whipped Cream
Directions:
Cook brownies according to package directions in a spring-form pan. Cool.
Melt all ice creams until soft. Add a layer of Kona Coffee ice cream on top of brownies. Drizzle with warmed fudge syrup; sprinklie with mini-chips. At this point, you may want to put the pan in the freezer so the ice cream hardens a bit before adding the subsequent layers.
Layer with English Toffee ice cream, drizzle syrup, sprinkle mini-chips. Repeat with Rocky Road ice cream.
Freeze this conconction overnight. Next day, unmold from spring-form pan and cover top of "cake" with whipped cream. For a fancy finish, sprinkle chocolate shavings on top of whipped cream. Replace to freezer until ready to serve. Slice and serve with hot fudge sauce.
Needless to say, this is not a diet dessert! Of course, you can add different crunchies between layers of ice-cream: Toffee chips, nuts, etc.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 3:17 PM PDT, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Brownies, three kinds of ice cream, and whipped cream? Holy Moly, sign me up. Plus, you have Popsicles in the freezer. Can I move in?

 
At 6:34 PM PDT, Blogger Lisa R-R said...

Oh my gosh that looks quite fabulous!
I need to create an occasion ASAP.
thanks for sharing

 
At 7:21 PM PDT, Blogger Lori said...

I'm happy to say that I can testify to the scrumptiousness of this brownie icecream cake!!!!

 
At 8:03 PM PDT, Blogger Jean said...

Yummmmm This looks so decadent and this past weekend was still pretty warm - so the cake would have been perfect (though I think I would even eat this on a rainy day - tee hee). See you this Saturday!

 
At 9:22 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Rich, cool, and delicious.

yummers

 
At 8:35 AM PDT, Blogger The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

I agree with W, Double yummers!!!

 
At 1:49 PM PDT, Blogger betty said...

It's yummy looking, but I think my doctor would have a fit if he knew I was even thinking of eating something like that!

 
At 8:45 AM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I think I gained 760 lbs just reading this post. But it was worth it!!

 
At 3:28 PM PDT, Anonymous donna said...

I think I feel a really BIG urge for your cake coming on! I almost bit the screen. YUM!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery