Friday, May 14, 2010

Vintage Photo Friday - Flowers

"Queen Shirley Talbott and Baron-Crest Firefly, miniature poodle, wear posied hats to World Flower and Garden Show at Pan-Pacific Auditorium, Los Angeles" 1962
Photo, Hollywood Citizen News/Valley Times Collection
My post yesterday was filled with flowers from our garden. The recent rains have made our City sing with beautiful flowers! Natalie has planted a vegie and succulent garden; the roses at Exposition Park are fabulous and people are starting to wear their spring hats!!! When I take walks through my neighborhood, I marvel at the beautiful gardens.
I might just pull out one of my fave spring hats that I picked up a few years ago at an estate sale. It's quite enchanting, don't you think so?
More often, you'll find my head festooned with crocheted flowers. I like to wear flowered headbands to celebrate spring and summer in Los Angeles!

Have a wonderful weekend and wear flowers!!!

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 12:49 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the hat! Wish I had saved somethat came out of my mother's attic. My grandaughter loves to play dressup and she would have liked the hats.

 
At 3:12 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Let me say that you wear flowers well. Love that vintage photo with fabulous woman and poodle in hats! Love it.

 
At 3:16 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look so beautiful in these photos. Love the Frieda one especially.

Christine G.

 
At 9:53 AM PDT, Blogger Thea said...

Enchanting indeed! I love that vintage photo too :)

 
At 1:21 PM PDT, Blogger ChelleC said...

Please (pretty please) give me the recipe for your crochet headband. If it's in a book, let me know when I can get it. I need a crochet headband. Thanks, Chelle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery