Monday, August 16, 2010

Knit Art

I saw a painting last week that intrigued me. The artist is Junko Mizuno. Of course, it was the yarn, knitting needles and other yarny stuff in the painting that caught my attention. There is this look of terror on the girl knitter, sitting in a tree. She's knitting socks, but has casts on both of her legs. There are also some bloody limbs (heh heh) hanging from a branch above the subject. Yeah, it's weird but I'm still fascinated!Junko recently had a show at the Merry Karnowsky Gallery on La Brea Ave. She mixes a sweet and animated style with horrific images.....another example of Low-Brow Art!

MERRY KARNOWSKY GALLERY, 170 S. La Brea Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90036 323.933.4408

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 2:47 PM PDT, Blogger susanc said...

I'd love to know the genesis of this painting!

 
At 2:51 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

You and me, both, Susan!!! Check out Junko's site...I'm sure you could e-mail her!

 
At 6:57 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Creepy and knitty...love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery