Monday, August 01, 2016

So Much Fun!

La Dijonaise Cafe, Culver City

Saturday was a super fun day! After our ukulele workshop at Boulevard Music, Natalie and I met up with Darcy and Brit at La Dijonaise in The Helms Bakery District. I've always loved this restaurant. They have a wonderful bakery and serve perfect cafe'-style cuisine. The occasion was the final celebration of my birthday. We did miss Mary Jo, but she's abroad on vacation (la-dee-dah).
It was a super hot day and we were all sort of wilting
The four of us ordered various egg dishes for brunch. All were lovely. Then, we caravanned to Larry's (my) house for dessert and presents. Those girls! Absolutely EVERYTHING that they gifted me was perfection! They REALLY know me!
Bubbly was Served

I was very excited to share the original Blum's Coffee Crunch Cake with my sweeties. This is a cake from my childhood. You can read about it here.
Mr. Larry was in Sommelier Mode

Valerie's Confections did not disappoint! The Coffee Crunch Cake was exactly as I remembered it! Perfection.
It was a wonderful celebration! Thank you Brit, Darcy, Natalie, Larry and, in absentia, Mary Jo!

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:44 PM PDT, Blogger DarcyArtsy said...

Mary Jo in the mirror!! Hahaaaa

 
At 10:52 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Kinda' like the Haunted Mansion at D-Land!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery