Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Short Lines, Long Lines

Relatively short lines at the Wilshire Vista Polling Place

The lines were SHORT at my polling precinct this morning. I snapped a photo, even though I'd mailed in my absentee ballot a few weeks ago. I spoke to a neighbor leaving the precinct and she said she only had to wait about 30 minutes to vote.
The lines were very LONG, however at the grave of Susan B. Anthony in Rochester, NY! Mount Hope Cemetery, where women's suffrage activist Susan B. Anthony is buried, extended its hours today to accommodate those wishing to celebrate their vote at her grave site. 
Mount Hope Cemetery, Rochester, NY. Photo by Heidi Spitzig
Susan B. Anthony's grave stone! Photo from CBS-Miami
This is a profoundly historic day in the United States. To be able to vote for a woman for President of the United States is epic. I've been weepy all day, reading everyone's declarations on Facebook. The best group is Pantsuit Nation. Check out the inspiring photos and posts.
#pantsuitnation

I am particularly enthused by my creative sisters on Ravelry and their spirit to elect our first woman president. I found many knit, crochet and cross-stitch patterns using Hillary Clinton's excellent logo.
"Stronger Together" Beanie by Laura Birek
"I'm With Her" washcloth by Lori Gradous
"I'm With Her" Hat or Cowl Chart by Tanya Thomann
Tanya's Chart
Another cool version of the "I'm With Her" logo, incorporating the ribbing as part of the "H" by yellowcosmo
Here's another chart, similar to the one above, but with added snowflakes!

Needlework on hucking cloth via Pinterest
Cross stitch via Etsy
The most important thing to do today is V*O*T*E! Vote your conscience. Your local elections are important too. There are so many State, County and City measures, along with Congressional and Superior Court choices to make on our ballots here in Los Angeles. Get out there and let your voice be counted!


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery