Saturday, September 15, 2007

The Yarn Harlot Rocks!

Today was the day! The Yarn Harlot came to Los Angeles and spoke at the LA Central Library, Downtown. I was lucky enough to be asked to introduce her, so I got to meet and speak with Stephanie before all my fellow knitsters! It was awesome. Stephanie Pearl McPhee is a terrific writer and public speaker. She related some hilarious knit-related stories for over an hour today. Everyone truly enjoyed her "performance." I presented Stephanie with my California dishcloth and she graciously posed for a photo.


Many of L.A.'s knitters and crocheters were present....thanks to everyone for coming.....thanks to Jeff and Audrey for inviting me to speak.....and thanks to the Library Foundation of Los Angeles for putting on an awesome lecture!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 1:30 PM PDT, Blogger jillian said...

It certainly was great fun. You were great!

 
At 2:38 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, man - I miss out on all the fun! It looks like it was a blast.

 
At 4:48 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a truly wonderful time! Harlot was awesome and your intro was fabulous!!

 
At 5:13 PM PDT, Blogger CatBookMom said...

w00t! What a fun day! It had to have been incredibly extra fun to get to spend some time with Stephanie off-stage. It is wonderful how patient and gracious she is, even after spending so much time speaking and signing - she was 'on' with us for nearly 3 hours straight.

 
At 6:02 PM PDT, Blogger Yarnartist said...

Ellen, YOU ROCK! You are such a treasure! Great hanging out with you for 2 minutes in the cafeteria. You were the most fabulous MC are the greatest archivist! Thanks!
Ellene

 
At 9:03 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen:

My mom and I enjoyed meeting you in the elevator going up to the event! Little did we know what an awesome and talented lady you are! I really enjoyed your intro and Stephanie was hilarious. We both had such a great time. You really are an LA treasure!

Susan

 
At 4:52 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I just wanted to "ditto" everyone's comments. You did a great job. And looked FABOOOO!!!

 
At 6:40 PM PDT, Blogger ~Kristie said...

Your intro for Stephanie was so wonderful and so is your blog! I'll definitely be hanging out here more often.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery