Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Stash Bustin' Baby Hats

Crocheted with Red Heart "Soft" Yarn
Recently, I've been participating in a knit-a-crochet-a-thon-a-rama-a-go-go with some people in my office complex to make baby hats and booties for Stitches From The Heart. There is a scoring system and judging! The crafter with the highest score will get a $30 gift certificate to the SFTH store, here in Santa Monica. The contest is for the month of April. Judging is on May 1st. This is a major stash bustin' project!
Crochted with TLC Soft Yarn
Knit with Lionbrand Bulky Woolease
Knit with one strand TLC Yarn and one strand Lionbrand Woolease
Crocheted with Lionbrand Woolease, Red Heart "Soft" and WEBS Acrylic
So far, I've made eight baby hats. Most of the hats are crocheted on the fly without a pattern. The pointy-pixie hats are called "Meathead Hats" from the new "Knitalong" book. I used 100% virgin acrylic for all the hats so that they would be baby-proof and washable!
Crocheted with Lionbrand Microspun
Knit with Red Heart Super Saver

Knit with one strand TLC yarn and one strand WEBS acrylic

Labels:

13 Comments:

At 4:06 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the hats are adorable, but I especially love the crochet look in a hat.

The pink flowery pattern is especially cute!

Christine G.

 
At 6:01 PM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

I think you can start spending those 30 smackers right now!

 
At 6:49 PM PDT, Blogger Kath said...

Sweet! But the one with the lavender and green on top is my fave!

 
At 10:23 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

The first one is my fave too! There are going to be some stylin' babes out there in the world. Yes in deedy-do.

 
At 10:10 AM PDT, Blogger jenna! said...

Ok, those are *all* seriously cute.

 
At 2:38 PM PDT, Blogger music is my muse said...

Well we should just give you the $30 dollars now Ellen! You are too much! these are so cute..they almost look edible! Yummy :)

 
At 3:36 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

You're the crazy HAT Lady!!! Seriously, thems a LOT of hats. You should get the prize for the most entries.

My fave is the yellow one. It looks like CAKE! :)

 
At 7:28 PM PDT, Blogger inkberryblue said...

They are soooooo gorgeous!

 
At 12:16 PM PDT, Blogger The Sheridans said...

So how do I buy one of these? Or a few of these?

 
At 12:26 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Sweet of you to comment, Sheridan! Most of these hats have been donated. I don't knit or crochet commission pieces. Sorry.

 
At 10:35 AM PDT, Anonymous jerzeegirl said...

I would love your pattern of the little baby hat that comes up to a point. I have 7 kids, 8 grands and 1 great grand daughter. I am busy making baby hats for the great grand and a couple of great nieces. I also make baby hats for the local hospitals.

 
At 10:49 AM PDT, Anonymous jerzeegirl said...

I just reread your post and ordered the book the pattern is in. Sorry about that! I also ordered several other knitting books. Today I decided to treat myself. One can never have too many books or patterns. I love your blog. Have a wonderful day!

 
At 10:59 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hey Jerzeegirl! If you use an enlarger, you can see the pattern for the Meathead hat here: http://www.melaniefalickbooks.com/storage/meathead_pattern2-with%20id%20and%20compressed.pdf

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery