Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Noticing the Details

Pico view from our little hill
While walking around my neighborhood, I'm definitely tuned into the architectural details of many of the buildings and much of the landscaping I encounter. My Father was in the building business when I was a girl and he always pointed out building design elements to me.
Below are a few interesting details from the Wilshire Vista neighborhood of Mid-City Los Angeles.

Garden wall cut-outs

Castle-style duplex

Medallions on 60's Regency-Style Apartment House

Hollywood Driveway

Usually, the "Hollywood" driveway (above) has a grassy lawn center-strip. This homeowner decided to get fancy. I just love walking around old L.A.

Are there some fascinating architectural details in your neighborhood?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 1:31 PM PDT, Blogger Kath said...

It is great to walk around and see all the small details we miss when zooming by in cars. I might do a little "camera walking" myself soon. And I still owe you a pic of that house that Brown Wall reminds me of!

 
At 5:24 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Love that castle duplex! It's funny, I don't walk around the 'hood too often, but as you can imagine, when I do, I see a lot of the same elements. One of the reasons I still love LA - some very different styles going on. Of course, your street really is one of the cutest.

 
At 10:52 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That's a great view from your street, Ellen. What hill is that beyond the palm trees?

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 10:53 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Judy,

My street is on a slight hill, looking south to Pico Blvd. The hill beyond the palm trees is part of Baldwin Hills. Imagine the great view the Baldwin Hills folks have from their roost!?! They can see all of L.A. spread out before them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery