Friday, May 30, 2008

Red Shawl

Red Shawl Redux
I just can't get that red shawl from my teen years out of my head. Since I have a large amount of red yarn in my stash, I decided to cast on and reproduce the shawl. I'm using Leader acrylic yarn (mill ends) that I bought on sale at Webs; size 11 needles; a twisted drop stitch, just like my original shawl. Instead of using fringe on the ends like I did in the '70's, I'll probably crochet a lacy border around the entire piece when I'm finished. The shawl is knitting up very quickly (large needles, drop stitch), so this is only a minor detour from my regularly programmed projects.

Last night's WeHo SnB was grand. There were at least 20-25 attendees. The cutest girls there were Natalie (with her darling new haircut) and the adorable Miss Vivian...I can't believe she's almost 1!
There's so much to do in L.A. this weekend....it's overwhelming! Over in Highland Park, it's Lummis Day and the First Annual Los Angeles Accordion Festival. Stitches From The Heart is having a Gemini B-Day Party on Sunday at the shop, along with a sale. The Book Expo at the L.A. Convention Center should be fantastic. Our own, Crazy Aunt Purl will be there. It's the Artwalk in downtown Culver City. Besides ALL that, the weather is gorgeous and perfect for exploring our fair City! Have a great weekend!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 6:11 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Hey my hair looks cute. Nice to have an objective look. But nothing compares to the cuteness that is Vivian! She is one cute girl. I can't believe she is going to be 1!

But let's talk knit. Love the shawl. And I love that you can recreate the wonders of your wardrobe from a picture. So cool. But I love the idea of fringe. I have a little bit of Cher in me.

 
At 12:19 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen,

I love the deep red of that Leader yarn. It's really beautiful, even if it is acrylic! Can't wait to see the finished shawl.

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 1:24 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Hmmm. Natalie, Vivian. Vivian, Natalie. I think Vivian *just edges* out Natalie, b/c let's face it, one just can't compete with the baby factor. :) Beautiful girls, both.

I really like that shawl; I hope you'll provide the details when you're done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery