Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Rainbow Shawl


Rainbow Shawl

Really.  It's all about the YARN.  I was immediately attracted to Kauni Wool 8/2 Effektgarn from Denmark.  Kat at the Little Knittery in Atwater Village posted a long knitted piece using this yarn.  I had to have some!
I drove over there during my vacation in July, probably one of the hottest days of the year in Los Angeles (even hotter in Atwater) to purchase scratchy, WOOL yarn! Yes, I was definitely obsessed. I ended up hanging out at the air-conditioned shop and started to crochet my favorite "Willow" square. I could not stop crocheting and connecting squares. This rainbow colorway was addictive.
Willow Squares

I'd decided to make a v-shaped shawl. One side would be Willow squares, the other side would be a lacy pattern with little filet crochet flowers in a grid that I like, taken from a baby afghan pattern
V-Shaped Shawl, in progress

Filet Crochet Flower and Grid Pattern

2 weeks later, I'd run out of this very expensive yarn!  Argh! Still obsessed and determined to complete this creation, I checked a few yarn shops on my end of town, but could not find this colorway. Another trip to the Little Knittery was in order. I do love this shop. I only wish I lived closer. Kat saved me a skein of yarn and Edna rolled it into a manageable "cake" for me. I was on my way to the finish-line for this rainbow dream.
AFTER completing the shawl, soaking and blocking, I added a little picot edge at each end. I do love this shawl!


A baby flower at the point, just for fun

Thank you to my co-workers Susana and Jennifer for modeling the shawl!

Susana
Jennifer

Waiting for cooler temps in Los Angeles so I can actually wear this baby!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:37 PM PDT, Blogger Glennis said...

Hey, Ellen!! I'm so happy you are reading my New Orleans posts!!! Thank you!

Glennis

 
At 4:40 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Of course, Glennis! New Orleans in my OTHER favorite town. Your descriptions are great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery